[cc-licenses] Sharealike license element change and by-nc-sa

Mia Garlick mia at creativecommons.org
Fri Nov 18 13:14:15 EST 2005

Hey Evan,

Good question. As you can see from the original proposal, the plan
initially was that the amendment would apply to all ShareAlike
provisions in the CC licenses. However, that may not be possible for
some of the reasons that have been aired on the list to date. We
welcome people's views on whether this is possible or whether it
should be limited to just the BY-SA license (if it happens at all).

People should also consider making suggestions for how any such
change (if effected) gets incorporated into the Commons Deed.
Creative Commons is not looking to create "back doors" to trip people
up but - as the title of the posting suggests - ensuring that we have
an interoperable commons.

Rgds, Mia