[cc-licenses] use for software

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Mon Aug 22 23:35:51 EDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 23:01 -0400, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-08-22 at 22:02 -0400, Tom Hosiawa wrote:
> > Since the GPL doesn't
> > really do anything for us since web apps aren't really distributed
>
> Probably a better idea would be to find a good lawyer who'd write a
> non-commercial software-specific license for you.

Or if what Tom really wants is a GPL-like license that considers use in
a web app distribution, use http://www.affero.org/oagpl.html (which is
not OSI-certified, but the FSF apparently considers it a free software
license and potentially upward compatible with GPL 3.0, whatever that
means) or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reciprocal_Public_License (which
is OSI-approved, though it looks questionable to me, and the FSF says it
is non-free).

--
   Mike Linksvayer