Question about attribution

Glenn Otis Brown glenn at creativecommons.org
Thu Nov 18 15:29:51 EST 2004

"to the extent reasonably practicable, the Uniform Resource Identifier,
if any, that Licensor specifies to be associated with the Work, unless
such URI does not refer to the copyright notice or licensing
information for the Work;"

to require a link back, you simply have to specify the link. so some
language like "provide linkback to http://yoururlhere.com" near your
some rights reserved button would probably do it.

thanks

glenn

On Nov 18, 2004, at 12:22 PM, Carrie McLaren wrote:

> On this page it says that, with the 2.0 licenses, a licensor may
> require a link back where possible:
> http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/4216
>
> ...yet I don't see that option when I try to set up a license. Am I
> reading things correctly or doing something wrong?
>

> [ Personally, I'd like to be able to define attribution even more
> strictly, requiring that the link and attribution appear at the top of
> article. (Because on several occasions, people have copied text from
> my site, broken it down into multiple pages and then placed the
> attribution at the very end of the article, giving the impression --
> for the majority of people who never make it to the end -- that the
> article was by the other website/blogger.) ]
>
> thanks in advance,
> carrie
>

> --
> Carrie McLaren