Exceptions on licenses

Willem Penninckx willem.penninckx at belgacom.net
Tue Oct 28 09:51:10 EST 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:37:04 -0500
Evan Prodromou <evan at prodromou.san-francisco.ca.us> wrote:

> IANAL, but my understanding is that the ultimate decision rests with
> the copyright holder. They can release documents under different
> licenses to different people, amend the CC licenses to fit their needs
> (danger: here there be monsters), or release future versions of
> a document under a different license.
>
> Of course, this is all very complicated. To your specific question, I
> believe that the answer is yes, the copyright holder can waive the
> requirement not to change content of a document for a specific
> individual and no others. Another option would be to relicense the
> document under a more liberal license that allows changes.

OK.

Thanks a lot!

Willem

--
"Software patents are like landmines for programmers.  At each design decision, there is a chance you will step on a patent and it will destroy your project.  Considering the large number of ideas that must be combined in a modern program, the danger becomes very large." -- RMS