[cc-devel] Creative Commons Image using web service api

John Doig john at creativecommons.org
Wed Mar 17 12:39:56 EDT 2010

  Hi Wendy,

There are currently no API methods that deal with the license badges
solely, but I think I have a straightforward suggestion for you.

Here are the URLS to all of the images...
http://i.creativecommons.org/l/%license-code%/3.0/88x31.png
http://i.creativecommons.org/l/zero/1.0/88x31.png
http://i.creativecommons.org/l/publicdomain/88x31.png

By iterating over the list of license codes you can generate the URL for
each license. CC0 and Public Domain will be edge cases however, and will
need to be hard codes in your repository.

Note that you can replace "88x31" with "80x15" in any of the above URLs
for a slimmer, smaller icon.

As for a page discussing each license in detail:
http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/.

Regards,
John Doig