[cc-devel] [GSoC] CC Publisher refresh

Akshay Kumar akshaykumar90 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 14:16:02 EDT 2010

Hello.

I have gone through the perceived goals for this GSoC project on the ideas
page. I looked around documentation and other relevant sources, and I wanted
to discuss/make-sure-I-am-on-the-right-path a few points.

- We are basically giving an overhaul to the P6 framework underlying the
CcPublisher application. This includes bumping up the version of python and
wxpython to their latest stable builds.

- The p6.metadata functionality has to be replaced by the new and better
liblicense for embedding tasks.

- Simplification of plugin model by stripping down ZCML registration, but
otherwise the rest of the framework will still use ZCML for configuration
(am I right?). Instead of ZCML, we can use something pythonic, more like
what Django does for configuration. It uses simple python files. This will
make the registration process simpler (hopefully).

I will be submitting a first draft of the proposal very soon. I just thought
that I should mention some of the points worth discussing here. Looking
forward for your feedback.

Akshay