[cc-devel] [ cctools-Bugs-1830868 ] cc-feedreader.php does not read content sections properly

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 13 00:38:22 EST 2007

Bugs item #1830868, was opened at 2007-11-12 21:38
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=559966&aid=1830868&group_id=80503

not just the latest update.
Category: cchost
Group: None

Initial Comment:
In trying to quickly create a simple feedreader for openclipart.org, I found that the content sections are not respected from rss and atom feeds in the normal parser and will need to be significantly massaged to work.

Note, content in normal feeds in the content, description and even content:encoded is completely arbitrary information for a parser and by default, in php, and thus the character data is streamed rather than read as one large section.

It will more than likely just be easier to just use magpierss for this functionality, as I'm doing:

http://magpierss.sourceforge.net/

Wordpress uses this and so does pretty much everyone else. It uses snoopy as well, so could be used on ccHost easily...thoughts?