[cc-devel] summer of code 2007: CC licenced music discovery

Mike Linksvayer ml at creativecommons.org
Thu Mar 22 20:33:35 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 07:09 -0700, Shahiduzzaman wrote:
> I want to submit a proposal about CC licensed music discovery from a
> popular application like iRate radio in summer of code 2007 for
> Creative Commons. I'm actually not sure whether iRate or any other
> application have already such system to discover the CC licenced music
> over the web. After the popular CC music community sites ccMixter and
> Jamendo, now there are more CC licenced music over the web and
> discovering and playing those through an application sounds cool to
> me. Hope to get response from the creative commons community about the
> idea.

iRate did some work on CC integration

I don't really know if any more work has been done.  I'd probably
recommend working on iRate or doing a similar plugin for a media player
like Songbird, Banshee, Amarok, etc., rather than starting a completely
new application.

--
  http://wiki.creativecommons.org/User:Mike_Linksvayer