[cc-community] Collections

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Sun Jan 22 14:19:18 EST 2012

On Sunday 22 January 2012 13:40:06 Anthony wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 at 1:18 PM, drew Roberts <zotz at 100jamz.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Can I take your artwork and mount it permanently in a frame for which
> >> I don't own the copyright?
> >
> > Are you making the case here that we have three copyrights involved?
> >
> > 1. my copyright on the photo.
> > 2. Mr. X's copyright on the artwork on the frame.
> > 3. your copyright on the work which consists of the framed photo?
>
> Yes.

So you are also saying that no one could see the framed photo on a wall
somewhere and buy a photo from me and get the local framing shop to frame it
in the same frame without violating your copyright in the framed photo?

Does everyone agree here? I find it a bit amazing and hard to believe but it
would not be the first thing in the copyright realm to be so.