[cc-community] CC-BY-SA for Jailhouse Lawyers?

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Tue Nov 22 03:08:26 EST 2011

Hi Paul,

On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 16:58:00 -0500
Paul Houle <paul at ontology2.com> wrote:

>       Every week I hear from people who are perplexed with what CC-BY-SA
> means.  This page
>
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/
>
>      might as well be rot13'd for the ability that ordinary people have
> to understand it.
>
>      Is there a web page anywhere that explains CC-BY-SA to ordinary people?

In addition to what other people said in this thread, I also had no problem
understanding that page ( http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ -
here's the new version), but in any case I've written my interpretation of some
of the Creative Commons licences that I am using here:

http://www.shlomifish.org/meta/copyrights/

I was told this interpretation conforms to the spirit of the CC licences, and
you may find it more usable than the creativecommons.org licence page (but I
doubt it and it's also much more wordy.)

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish