[cc-community] CC-BY-SA for Jailhouse Lawyers?

Puneet Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Mon Nov 21 17:14:35 EST 2011

On Nov 21, 2011, at 3:58 PM, Paul Houle wrote:

>      Every week I hear from people who are perplexed with what CC-BY-SA
> means.  This page
>
> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/

What is a typical expression of their perplexity?

>     might as well be rot13'd for the ability that ordinary people have
> to understand it.
>
>     Is there a web page anywhere that explains CC-BY-SA to ordinary people?

The above linked page is actually fairly clear to me: "Do whatever you like as long as you give me credit, and if you build something with my work, then you release that work under a CC-BY-SA license."

So, once again, what is the kind of incomprehension that you encounter?

--
Puneet Kishor