[cc-community] is format changing a derivative?

Lloyd cc at phizz.demon.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 13:20:53 EDT 2011

On 04/04/2011 13:05, Rob Myers wrote:

>>> See:
>>> http://asa.org.uk/ASA-action/Adjudications/2011/3/3GA-Ltd/TF_ADJ_50026.aspx
>>>
>>> for how much of a farce it is in the UK.
>>
>> And?
>
> Well you do know how us British like our farces... ;-)

True, but the link seems to be irrelevant as it has nothing to do with
format shifting but the whether the advert should make clear that the
equipment should only be used for the purposes of format shifting music
you own, and not to be used to simply make digital copies of CDs you've
borrowed from mates or the public library.