[cc-community] More discussion on NC

jonathon jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 19:55:04 EDT 2010

On 10/11/2010 11:16 PM, drew Roberts wrote:

> Please CC, consider a FreeCC brand to let those of us wanting to do the Free thing promote our Free works under.

What is needed is a brand name for the "standard" CC-BY and CC-BY-SA
license, with a second brand name for the CC-BY-NC-SA license, and a
third brand name for the CC-BY-NC-ND and CC-BY-ND licenses.

Libre Commons:  BY-SA, BY;
Gratis Commons: BY-SA-NC;
Closed Commons: BY-NC-ND, BY-ND;

ND is as much, if not more of a taint than NC is, for a Free works culture.

jonathon
--
No human will see non-list, non-bulk, non-junk email sent to this address.
It all gets forwarded to /dev/null