[cc-community] Portugal's license draft in public discussion: contributions welcome!

Michelle Thorne michelle at creativecommons.org
Wed Nov 24 10:13:26 EST 2010

Dear all,

We are happy to
announce<http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Costa_Rica/3.0/BY-NC-SA/Draft>the
public discussion of CC Portugal's license draft, CC BY-NC-SA 3.0
Portugal.[1] Following a successful experiment[2] to improve the usability
of these discussions, we've wikified the draft on our jurisdiction database,
and it's ready for the community's review and commentary. You can also find
links to the jurisdiction's copyright framework and information about the
substantial changes undertaken to adapt the license to Portuguese law.

To contribute a suggestion or question, please visit the BY-NC-SA 3.0
license draft page[3] and use the wiki’s discussion page to share your
thoughts. You are also welcome to join the CC Portugal mailing list[4] for
further news and commentary about local activities.

The public discussion is an open forum where everyone – from lawyers to
active license users, from linguists to translators — can contribute and
improve the license texts. Comments should be submitted as soon as possible
to allow enough time for review, so we encourage you to post to the list
before the end of December 2010, when the discussion is scheduled to close.

Thanks to the ongoing efforts of CC Portugal's Pedro Oliveira, Teresa Nobre,
José Rui Felizardo, and Clara Boavida with the support of the School of
Economics and Management of the Universidade Católica Portuguesa
(FCEE-Católica) and Intelligence in Innovation (INTELI) for their efforts to
bring the most recent CC license version to Portugal!

All the best,

// michelle
on behalf of Creative Commons
Links: