[cc-community] Oz budget under CC

Jessica Coates j2.coates at qut.edu.au
Tue May 11 22:17:50 EDT 2010

Those interested in open PSI will be excited to know that the Australian budget delivered last night was released<http://www.budget.gov.au/2010-11/content/bp1/html/bp1_prelims.htm> under a Creative Commons Attribution licence.

Following the strong support for open access<http://creativecommons.org.au/node/295> in the government's response<http://www.finance.gov.au/publications/govresponse20report/doc/Government-Response-to-Gov-2-0-Report.pdf> to the Gov 2.0 report<http://gov2.net.au/report/> last week, this is a great show of the government putting its money where its mouth is (sorry, I couldn't resist). In fact, the last week has seen the release of three major Federal Government reports - the Budget, the Gov 2.0 response and the NBN Implementation Study<http://www.dbcde.gov.au/broadband/national_broadband_network/national_broadband_network_implementation_study> - all under CC licences. This seems to be a great indicator that the government really means what it says - open access is going to be the default position for the Australian Federal Government from now on.

I'd love to see an artistic mashup of the budget document - anyone?

Jessica Coates
Project Manager
Creative Commons Australia