[cc-community] [CC+] Any "simple" URL for the deed?

Andreas Borutta borumat at gmx.de
Fri Aug 21 16:08:27 EDT 2009

Nathan Yergler schrieb:

Hi Nathan,

> CC+ is not a license, only a protocol for specifying where the user
> may find additional rights.  So the basic license is unaffected by it.

The fact is, that the deed contains a hint "For uses beyond ...".

May be one could regard the CC+ as if there's a new attribute: nc+

nc:
The licensor does not like commercial use at all. He does like to be
bothered with questions about.

nc+:
The licensor is open for a contact to commercial users.

> CC+ will only show up on the deeds if you click through from a web
> page that contains the CC+ metadata; you can not construct a URL to
> the deed with CC+ information displayed.

Yes, that is the actual situation.

What do you think about Peter's suggestion?

| http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/?plus={URL to plus
| conditions set by the author}

Andreas

> 2009/8/21 Andreas Borutta <borumat at gmx.de>:
>> Peter Troxler wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for your hints, Peter.
>>
>>> imho any + would be specific to the licensor
>>
>> I see a cascade:
>>
>> 1 incomplete deed:
>> no information at all behind the passage "Noncommercial — You may not
>> use this work for commercial purposes." that the licensor is
>> interested in a contact to users who like to use the content
>> commercially
>>
>> 2 better deed:
>> a general information behind the passage "Noncommercial — You may not
>> use this work for commercial purposes."
>> "For uses beyond, please contact the licensor"
>>
>> 3 best deed:
>> a specific information behind the passage "Noncommercial — You may not
>> use this work for commercial purposes."
>> ""For uses beyond, please contact the licensor:
>> http://example.com/contact/"
>>
>>> in the long run I could imagine CC providing a "+" mechanism such as
>>> http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/?plus={URL to plus
>>> conditions set by the author}
>>>
>>> the {URL} could then be linked at the bottom of the deed
>>
>> Thanks for your estimation.
>>
>> Let's hope, that such a linktype and such a deed will come soon.
>>
>> Andreas

>> Andreas
>> --
>> http://borumat.de