[cc-community] CCplus Standard License Agreement?

Terry Hancock hancock at anansispaceworks.com
Sat Sep 20 02:54:24 EDT 2008

Dr.Peter Troxler (Waag Society) wrote:
> The other model proposed by drew Roberts sounds more CC-like to my ears:

Sure. The only difference is that I am imagining that this fundraising
process is handled by a third party and not by Registered Commons.

Extant examples of this kind of "collective patronage" include the
Blender Foundation movies, which are funded (at least partly) by
pre-sales of the DVDs.

I am imagining similar projects wanting to get various resources (say,
songs for a soundtrack), having the option to just pay for the rights.
Needless to say, the way they are most likely to get that kind of money
is to go through some kind of collective patronage process (like RSPP, etc).

*BUT*, for RegisteredCommons.org to incorporate the fundraising process
into their service would be a big complication to an otherwise fairly
simple idea. It is my opinion that trying to do all of that at once
would likely just result in no system being implemented at all.

But if RC sticks to just the re-licensing part, someone else can solve
the problem of collecting the money to make the payments (indeed, there
are existing solutions).

Cheers,
Terry