[cc-community] Attributing when there is no name

Complex complex.confusion at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 11:05:47 EDT 2007

I am using an image licensed as CC-by-SA, distributed through
Wikipedia Commons. Because the only name associated with the work is
the username (e.g. fred01), I had to write the attribution as "image
copyright 'fred01' licensed as CC-by-SA"  which certainly doesn't look
very reputable.

Is there a standard behavior I should follow in this case?

Also, this raises some other questions: what should I do if there
isn't even a username? or if the name is something inappropriate to
use on my organization's Web pages (e.g. "doo-doo_head") ? Is there
another option besides not using the image?

many thanks!
CC

--