[cc-community] CC / Webcasting, round II

Eric Garner ejgarner at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 22:57:41 EDT 2007

If SoundExchange demands DRM on all webcasts in
exchange for lower royalty fees (as seems to be the
current direction of things), this would essentially
illegalize the streaming of any CC'd music, right? If
so, I wonder if this was a sly move on SE's part or if
it's just an unintended, anticompetitive benefit. DiMA
and SE are hashing it out right now, but I haven't
seen the effect on CC even brought up. Seems it would
add some more weight to DiMA's anti-DRM argument.