[cc-community] ASCAP VS CREATIVE COMMONS

Bjorn Wijers mailings at bdisfunctional.net
Sat Jan 6 04:46:53 EST 2007

Hi Drew/Terry et al

Terry Hancock wrote:
> drew Roberts wrote:
>> On Friday 22 December 2006 07:44 pm, Bjorn Wijers wrote:
>> You use the plural here. Is there only one collection society there or is
>> there more than one?

It depends on how you look at it.

There are more rights collecting societies in the sense that each is
collecting for different type of rights. On the other hand they seem to
co-operate a lot and could be viewed as on entity. If you meant are
there more rights collecting societies and are they competitors than I
would say no. See a hopefully more clear explanation I gave to Lucas here:

http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/cc-licenses/2007-January/004829.html

<snip>