[cc-community] Any thoughts?

Andres Guadamuz a.guadamuz at ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 13 16:21:24 EST 2007

Richard,

My experiences are similar:

http://technollama.blogspot.com/2007/01/enforcing-creative-commons.html

I intend to issue a DMCA notice of take-down when I have the time, as
the host is in the US.

Andres

Richard Poynder wrote:
> Dear Commoners,
>
> I wonder if anyone would care to comment on the following:
>
> A number of articles/interviews I have published on my blog under a
> CC non-commercial licence
> (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/) have recently
> been re-posted elsewhere with Google advertisements wrapped around
> them. I'm assuming the only logic for someone to do this would be to
> earn advertising revenue. However, since I posted them on a
> non-commercial basis it presumably runs counter to the CC licence.
>
> I suspect this is quite common practice, but I would be curious to
> know if anyone else has any experience of this kind of activity, and
> whether they did anything to try and stop it.
>
> Below are links to two examples. All comments gratefully received.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Richard Poynder
>

> Richard Poynder
> Freelance Journalist
> www.richardpoynder.com
> http://poynder.blogspot.com
>

> 1. Original post:
>
> http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/05/why-india-needs-open-access.html
>
> Duplicate post:
>
> http://cool9-h.travel-onblog.com/Good-Post-Why-India-Needs-Open-Access
>
> 2. Original post:
>
> http://poynder.blogspot.com/2006/03/institutional-repositories-and-little.html
>
> Duplicate post:
>
> http://cool4-h.travel-onblog.com/Good-Post-Institutional-Repositories-and-a-little-experiment

Andres Guadamuz
AHRC Research Centre for Studies in
Intellectual Property and Technology Law
Old College, South Bridge
Edinburgh, EH8 9YL

Tel: 44 (0)131 6509699
Fax: 44 (0)131 6506317
a.guadamuz at ed.ac.uk
http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/ahrb/

IP/IT/Medical Law LLM by Distance Learning
http://www.law.ed.ac.uk/distancelearning/