[cc-community] Any thoughts?

Richard Poynder aotg20 at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Feb 13 13:58:10 EST 2007

Dear Commoners,

I wonder if anyone would care to comment on the following:

A number of articles/interviews I have published on my blog under a
CC non-commercial licence
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/) have recently
been re-posted elsewhere with Google advertisements wrapped around
them. I'm assuming the only logic for someone to do this would be to
earn advertising revenue. However, since I posted them on a
non-commercial basis it presumably runs counter to the CC licence.

I suspect this is quite common practice, but I would be curious to
know if anyone else has any experience of this kind of activity, and
whether they did anything to try and stop it.

Below are links to two examples. All comments gratefully received.

Richard Poynder

Richard Poynder
Freelance Journalist

1. Original post: