[cc-community] The big problem with the Spoon video and CC

Kat Walsh kat at mindspillage.org
Fri Aug 24 11:20:09 EDT 2007

On 8/24/07, Claudio Ruiz <claudio at derechosdigitales.org> wrote:

> I think Youtube is a great idea, but I'm not so sure that its technical
> form to distribute (?) videos would be fine to free culture. Is more
> about Youtube like a "fake-sharing" site (Lessig dixit) than a real
> sharing website, as Flickr.

Agreed, and there are few things more frustrating than something that
is 90% great and 10% miserable. I think it's a "fake-sharing" site,
myself, since they are actively trying to prohibit you from
downloading videos from them.

So -- what *real* sharing sites are there for video? Bonus points for
ones that encourage (or at least allow the use of) free licenses and
free formats.

-Kat
doesn't use youtube

--