[cc-community] cc Salon NYC is TONIGHT

Fred Benenson fred at creativecommons.org
Fri Nov 17 16:28:33 EST 2006

Hello cc-community,
  My name is Fred Benenson and I'm a CC alum (intern, fellow) and now do
some work for them in NYC. Apologies for the last minute heads up, but
tonight is the CC Salon in New York city. Please come out if you're in town.
Find the attached message below:

Thanks,

Fred

---

Greetings,

  I'm very excited to announce the second Creative Commons Salon in
New York City that I've organized. I hope you can come. Last month we
had some great presentations by some new media artists, this month
we're taking a different tact. Read on for info on December's cc Salon
in NYC.

CC Salon is a free, casual monthly get-together focused on
conversation, presentations, and performances from people or groups
who are developing projects that relate to open content and/or
software. Please invite your friends, colleagues, and anyone you know
who might be interested in drinks and discussion. There are now CC
Salons happening in San Francisco, Toronto, Berlin, Beijing, Warsaw,
Seoul, Johannesburg, and now New York

CC Salon New York City this Friday, NOV 17th, 6:30pm at Fontana's

This salon features Megan Miller from PopSci.com who will be
discussing and presenting Popular Science's recent foray into the
digital world known as Second Life. Tim Schwartz from the Museum of
the Moving Image will also be joining us and discussing the recent
projects and digital exhibitions at his museum.

So drop by on Friday for some cheap drinks ($3 drafts and well
drinks), and come ready to talk about the Commons in NYC. This is the
last salon of the year, as our December salon is combined with a
special birthday party for Creative Commons on FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15th.

   * Megan Miller from PopSci.com

     Megan will be discussing and presenting Popular Science's recent
foray into the digital world known as Second Life, which includes a
rock concert and the creation of an all new PopSci.com Lounge. Megan
is the editor of PopSci.com, the Web site for Popular Science
magazine. She's the host of a Web show called Future Girl, as well as
hostess-with-the-mostest of events at PopSci's new Second Life Lounge.
You can find her in-world by looking up her Second Life avatar, Megala
Marx. In the real world, you're likely to find her cycling around New
York City or indulging her handbag-purchasing addiction.

   * Tim Schwartz of The Museum of the Moving ImageTim will be
presenting some of the Museum of the Moving Image's recent exhibitions
and talking about his work as a digital curator.

We're having it at on Friday, November 17th, from 6:3pm-10pm at
Fontana's, 105 Eldridge St. between Broome and Grand in the Lower East
Side.

Please forward this to whomever you think might be interested.

Thanks,

Fred Benenson

--
The content of this email message is licensed under a Creative Commons
Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License, Some Rights Reserved.