[cc-au] copyright council

Rachel Cobcroft rachel at creativecommons.org.au
Mon Mar 10 22:11:48 EDT 2008

This discussion is valuable - often librarians and other information professionals are introduced to copyright through these channels.
The training sessions are heavily advertised in inserts to the professional magazines, such as the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)'s inCite (http://www.alia.org.au/publishing/incite/).
Fortunately, the library sector is also a strong advocate of fair use/dealing, with provisions and policies being heavily debated in the blogosphere. (See http://www.travelinlibrarian.info/, for one, and then the implementation at http://creativecommons.org/weblog/entry/8056)
We still have to be vigilant though, to ensure that the balanced perspective endures :-)

On 11/03/2008, Jamison Young <jam at jamyoung.net<mailto:jam at jamyoung.net>> wrote:
> > == Australian Copyright Council "copyright training" sessions ==
>  > <http://www.copyright.org.au/training/training-2008/training2008.htm>
>  > These courses are held in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Perth,
>  > Melbourne, Sydney.

Best,
Rachel

Research Officer