[bittorrent] State of Super-seeding
tiennou7 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:52:53 EDT 2007
I'm working on implementing Superseeding and the Fast Peers Extension
in Transmission, and I find the spec lacking some information :
- Is it really useful to implement Superseeding ? (There's a post in
the archives saying that the updated choke algorithm was now
- The spec says that I should "masquerade as a normal client with no
data", but I'm at a loss with what to do about the tracker ?
Right now I'm thinking :
* Tell tracker I have no data
* Process tracker data to know if I can super-seed
* If I can't super-seed, re-tell tracker I have the data (but isn't
that hammering ?)
- Superseeding can be used at anytime, right ? The only thing is that
I should be the only seed.
Please forgive me if my questions are too dumb ;-)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BitTorrent