[BL] odt to pdf convertor?

sindi keesan keesan at SDF.ORG
Fri Nov 18 10:46:54 EST 2011

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011, Ron Clarke wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 04:17:16 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:
>
>> Is there any simple odt (Open Office) to pdf convertor for linux?
>> Someone scanned a document and sent it in that format.  I asked him to
>> convert to pdf and send again but this might become common.
>
>  You might try OpenOffice to view the .odt.

That is exactly what I do NOT want to do.  It is enormous.

>> There are online convertors but I have slow uploads.  I probably just need
>> to extract an image file.
>
>  I have written an experimental .odt to .htm converter for DOS, if that
> is any help. http://www.ausreg.com/files/odt2htm/

Your txt file says it does not do nested graphics.  Probably similar to
pdftotext, just extracts the text which this document does not have.

>> I found something about using PHP and a script and it says odt files are
>> archive files like zip.
>
>  Yes, they are. Some of those files are in .xhtml, the others can be
> almost anything.

Some were .xml, most .png.
unzip worked and pngtoppm and pamfile showed it was scanned as greyscale
600 dpi which would not print well since it is a BW document.

So I asked the sender to send 300 dpi BW pdf as he usually does.