[BL] CNet NIC problems

baslinux at lists.ibiblio.org baslinux at lists.ibiblio.org
Sat Dec 19 20:32:56 EST 2009

On Sun, 20 Dec 2009, baslinux at lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Awesome, it now works =) Thanks a lot for the help! I didn't realize
> you had to use the same compiler version... I guess I'll be getting
> gcc 2.95.3! Again, thank you so much for your help. I don't know if
> I'd be able to figure it out by myself.

To compile modules you also need to have the kernel source code on
your computer.  r1869 only works with kernel 2.4.20 or later.

I think I upgraded to glibc and gcc and associated compiling packages all
from Slackware 8.1.  See the BL archives for a list of what you need.

I downloaded the kernel code from the internet.  There is now a 2.4.33.
My modules might work with it if you insmod -f (force insertion).

I am delighted you got both cards working.  How fast can you download
kernel source code with the gigabit card?

The fastest download I have achieved (via a friend's comcast account) is
about 1/2 MB/sec.  Why do you want to use such a fast NIC?

Sindi