[BL] scsi

sindi keesan keesan at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Jan 22 16:12:21 EST 2006

I eventually got the first (Soyo) computer working with aspi8dos.sys (but
not with aspicd and oakcdrom at the same time - IRQ conflict)?
At this point syschk, hwinfo and nssi found the scsi drive, but DOS was
not assigning it drive letters despite having DOS partitions made with
linux fdisk.

Today I found a terminated internal scsi cable for the other scsi
computer, a DFI which is a year or two newer (1999 or 2000 instead of 1997
or 1998).  It has external rather than internal CD-ROM drive (because out
of three scsi cd burners one could not be made to work internally yet),
and in this computer hwinfo and nssi do NOT find the drive, but syschk
does and lists three drive letters for it (D: H: I:).

DOS does not seem to handle scsi predictably.  Linux worked perfectly with
it in all cases.

I used BL3 to transfer BL2 (after copying over the scsi modules from BL2)
and BL2 to transfer BL3, to the 9GB disk (scsi id 1) and will use the 2GB
(id 0) for DOS and uclibc.  I presume uclibc will be happy with its own
entire partition and I can try running a separate linux with it.  This
computer has no compiler or glibc yet.  Can I compile statically against
uclibc and also glibc libncurses etc.?

David's 1-floppy USB camera download disk won't work with linux on this
scsi drive because it does not have my scsi card module.  But I don't
expect to run into a lot of computers with scsi cards to which I need to
download photos.