[BL] sound under DSL 1.5

Sheldon Isaac sheldonisaac at myrealbox.com
Sun Jan 1 14:18:48 EST 2006

Well, I looked at the BIOS settings under PNP/PCI or whatever,

Some slot?  was fixed at  irq 5  , while the others were all set for automatic or some such,

So I changed that one to automatic or some such, and rebooted.

This time,  dmesg   under DSL 1.5 did  _not_  show the line about confilct I mentioned previusly:

" On 30 Dec 2005 at 20:12, sindi keesan wrote:
> > Why not use irq=5?
An error message, something about conflict?  I chose IRQ 10 because Windows
said the sound card had that interrupt. Though maybe that doesn't mean
much.  Perhaps the BIOS settings?"

Now, dmesg's oputput includes:

sb: Creative SB16 PnP detected
sb: ISAPnP reports 'Creative SB16 PnP' at i/o 0x220, irq 5, dma 1, 5
sb: 1 Soundblaster PnP card(s) found.

And Schumann's piano concerto is playing out of my 10 year old Soundblaster speakers!

Thanks, Sindi and Sam, for your help.

Happy new year to all,
Sheldon