[BL] MPlayer

sindi keesan keesan at sdf.lonestar.org
Sun Apr 24 13:20:53 EDT 2005

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, David Moberg wrote:

> [...]

You can get 100MB webspace at sdf (and 100MB email, and 100MB home
directory space) for $36 one-time donation.

>>> This is NOT a tarball. Please rename it to mplayer.bz2 first,
>>> then run bunzip2 on it. You should get the 5.6 or so MB file.
>>> Available output drivers:
>>>
>>> video
>>>
>>> X11, several to choose from
>>> fbdev
>>> vidix
>>> vesa
>>
>> What do you mean by vesa, svgalib?
>
> No. If you don't have X11 or FB running, MPlayer can send video
> directly to your VESA-compliant graphics card. It's full-screen,
> good quality, and very fast.

Lovely.  Does it require VESA 2.0 or will 1.2 work?

>> What is vidix?
>
> I probably added that to the list too soon. It is a small set of
> drivers for various graphics cards. Unfortunately, the drivers
> aren't included with this binary. The only reason I mentioned it
> above is because it's in MPlayer's list.
>
>> We just acquired an ATI Rage Vesa 2.0 card - do you know if this
>> handles framebuffer?
>
> It should.
>
>>> You may need full-size libc6 to access http or ftp directly.
>>
>> Such as the SW7.1 or SW8.1 packages?
>
> Does 8.1 have glibc-2.2.5?
Yes, the so library.  I installed it on top of 2.1.3 so I could use Opera
and precompiled xpdf.  1.2MB.  I also have 2.1.3 (probably from SW71)
which is slightly smaller.

>> Was libc5 compiled smaller
>> (with less features) than usual for BL3?
>
> No. But its networking is not as complex as glibc2.
Which is why lynx would not work offline (2.8.5).

Have you tried your Mplayer with BL3?