[b-hebrew] H-XT-Y at II Samuel 11: 3

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 14:08:24 EDT 2010

Arnaud:

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Arnaud Fournet
<fournet.arnaud at wanadoo.fr>wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: K Randolph

You just joined this list, but here’s a posting I made earlier on the same
subject that covers the question in greater detail, giving two examples:

http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/2010-June/042213.html

> ……
> ***
> Yes maybe, but Massoretic vowels are not based on thin air,

I strongly agree.

> I suppose, There must be some long-lasting tradition therein.

Yes there was. But it was not a static tradition, as shown by
transliterations into other languages.