[b-hebrew] he or him? she or her?
pporta7 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 23:59:33 EST 2010
When trying to literally translate infinitives with personal suffix (the
suffix playing the part of the subject of the infinitive) such as:
1. (A&OTO -------- Jr 30:24
2. (ALOTO -------- Is 11:16
3. LIDTAH ---------- Gn 38:27
4. RIDTAH --------- Dt 20:20
and so on...
a doubt arises --as I'm not from an english speaking area--: must 'he' or
rather 'him' be used? must 'she' or rather 'her' be used?
1. The act/fact of he to do <> the act/fact of him to do
2. The act/fact of he to go up <> the act/fact of him to go up
3. The act/fact of she to bring forth <> the act/fact of her to bring forth
4. The act/fact of she to go down <> the act/fact of her to go
The question would be the same for the plural: they versus them; we versus
Which is for these instances the right form in English?
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)
b-hebrew mailing list
b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org
More information about the b-hebrew