[b-hebrew] Mem in the Middle of the Word

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 12:44:39 EST 2009

John:

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Brak <Brak at neo.rr.com> wrote:

>  I did an analysis of the WLC text, and came up with the following stats:

> So I ask my question again, why do some people have these two as an affixed
> pronoun?
>

> B"H
> John Steven

Thanks for the analysis. I found I disagreed with most of it (or else
misunderstood it).

The 1 Chronicles 15:13 verse appears to be a contraction of MN.

2 Chronicles 30:3 the contraction of MN makes the most sense, though
awkward.

I think it has something to do with the vocalization preserved by the
Masoretes, and I'm not going to argue where theirs came from.

Karl W. Randolph.