[b-hebrew] Daniel 11:22

Joel Stucki joel at stucki.ws
Thu Aug 31 01:39:01 EDT 2006

On 8/29/06, Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk at concentric.net> wrote:
> NONE of these verses refer to any "anti-christ" - which is a foreign
> concept after all, if this were a Christian book, the rabbis would
> not have included it in our Tanach.
>
> Thank you
>
> Shoshanna

The Jewish concept of Gog and Magog is quite similar to the Christian
idea of an anti-Christ and probably was the inspiration for the
concept. The concept is well expounded in Ezekiel, the Talmud and
elsewhere.

In most cases of eschatology Jews and Christians are more similar than
different.

But I agree that using the term anti-Christ as well as the term Old
Testament can be discordant in a multifaith setting

Joel Stucki