[b-hebrew] Daniel 6:27 (time indefinite) II

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Thu Nov 17 19:08:21 EST 2005

I'm starting to see your point. 'Forever' certainly has that easy to
understand feel to it. And in English we tend to use always in a similar
way e.g.'You'll always be the same.'. Perhaps 'forever' would be a good
translation if accompanied by a disclaimer style footnote which explains
that this word may not always mean forever e.g. the levitical priesthood.

However, even the levitical priesthood lasts for ever in Christian thinking
as Jesus is viewed as its highpriest. So it is difficult to find even one
example with future reference that does not last forever.