[b-hebrew] karu or ka'ari (Ps 22:16) ?

Steve Miller smille10 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 25 23:09:45 EDT 2005

Steve Miller wrote:
> > Are there 2 DSS copies of Ps 22:16? 5/6HevPs and 4QPs(f)? Is there any
> > place to see a picture of 4QPs(f)? Also, what is DJD? thanks,
> > -Steve Miller
> > Detroit

Dave Washburn:
> I don't show 5/6HevPs having that passage, but feel free to correct me.
In
> any case, that one is most likely in Greek anyway.  DJD is Discoveries in
the
> Judean Desert, the official DSS publication series.  DJD 16 includes the
> photos.

Dave,
Thanks!
The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible, by Abegg, Flint & Ulrich says on page 519
regarding Ps 22:16: 'Among the scrolls the reading in question is found only
in the Psalms scroll found at Nahal Hever (abbreviated 5/6HevPs), which
reads "They have pierced my hands and my feet"!'

Also, Schmuel's post gives a very good picture of it, as K)RW :
>(Dave, you should be able to see the DSS on the web,url link/picture below,
per the previous 2002 >discussion)