[b-hebrew] EREB-BOKER in Daniel 8:14

Eduard C Hanganu eddhanganu at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 26 18:31:56 EDT 2004

Dear Ben:

Thanks for your answer. From what you wrote to me I understand that there
seems to be a lot of confusion concerning the meaning of the Hebrew phrase
"EREB-BOKER" and its interpretation. Personally I am only interested in the
meaning of the phrase in the context of Daniel 8 and I don't care about any
interpretation cults make up for the phrase. As a linguist ( I have a BA and
Ma in linguistics, but my knowledge of Hebrew is basic to intermediary only)
I believe that the meaning of a word is provided by its immediate context,
because the Bible explains itself. I was hoping that the more experienced
members of the "b-hebrew" forum would be able to shed more light on the
phrase than I personally could by using the BDB or other Hebrew language
dictionaries. I guess I will have to continue looking for the clues to the
meaning of the phrase "EREB-BOKER" in the context of Daniel 8 and find out
what what are  the lingustic decoders provided by the the semantic unit that
contains the phrase ( Daniel 8:9-14.)

Thanks for your help!

Eduard