The daughter of Jeftah died?

Polycarp66 at aol.com Polycarp66 at aol.com
Mon Jun 3 09:52:26 EDT 2002

In a message dated 6/3/2002 8:42:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lizfried at umich.edu writes:

> The story may be related to the permission granted husbands and
> fathers to abrogate the vow of a woman. She, being such a rash
> and foolhardy creature, may be given to making vows like Jephtha's
> without considering the Doctrine of Unintended Consequences.

Interesting thought.  Would that make the author an early warrior in the
proto-battle for feminist rights?  I'm not attempting to belittle your idea
or the need that obviously existed to establish the rights of women.  I'm
afraid I may have phrased it poorly.  Hopefully you will understand the
meaning.

gfsomsel