Leviticus and Exodus Blood Ear Toe Thumb Issue

Harold R. Holmyard III hholmyard at ont.com
Fri Feb 23 21:21:00 EST 2001

Dear J. R.,

You write:

>I am not sure that this question will be appropriate for the list.  But, I
>was wondering what some of you might think the significance or symbolism of
>the blood on the ear, thumb and toe was for?  If it is not appropriate for
>the list, please feel free to email me off the list.  Thanks so much.

I have heard that the ear represents the capacity to respond and thus obey
God (the ear, of course, would be easier to anoint with blood than the
eye). The thumb represents the human capacity to accomplish things. The toe
represents the human capacity for movement. Together they may symbolize the
active life of the individual.

The blood on these extremities signified a consecration of their powers to
the service of the Lord.

				Yours,
				Harold Holmyard