Multiple copies of postings

Christian Hoffmann christian.hoffmann at wsl.ch
Thu Nov 26 01:32:02 EST 1998

Since quite some time I am receiving two copies of each posting. Not very annoying, but too much traffic.

Yours
--Christian

At 21:41 25.11.98 -0500, you wrote:
>Can anyone explain why this morning I received back three copies of
>one of my posting to the b-hebrew list posted yesterday and two copies
>of the other one? One copy is quite enough! I sometimes get multiple
>copies of other people's postings as well, but I don't know if they
>have submitted them more than once - but I know that I submitted my
>own ones only once each. Did everyone else receive multiple copies? Is
>this a problem with the mail server or somewhere else? Could the
>problem be in our SIL mail system? I rarely get multiple copies of
>other incoming messages. Is there a way of telling from the mail
>server logs or something?
>
>Peter Kirk
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: christian.hoffmann at wsl.ch
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to $subst('Email.Unsub')

Christian W. Hoffmann
Swiss Federal Institute for Forest, Snow and Landscape Research
CH-8903 Birmensdorf, Switzerland
phone: ++41-1-739 22 77    fax  : ++41-1-739 22 15   e-mail:  christian.hoffmann at wsl.ch
www:  http://www.wsl.ch/wsidb/leute/cho/choHPENG.html
ftp: ftp.wsl.ch/pub/Hoffmann
I prefer WWW pages which can be viewed best with *any* browser, contain
*no* cookies, *no* Java, *no* frames, and *no* required images !