Tense and Aspect --- formerly b-Hebrew digest

Irene Riegner iriegner at concentric.net
Sat Dec 5 23:11:58 EST 1998

erev tov, Bryan

thanks for your response

yes, it was thoughtful and the preaching was fine

i have to admit that when i translate hebrew, many times i give the
verbs "english" values because they make sense to me that way---ie
synchronicity, past perfect, etc---but whether they mean the same thing
in hebrew i'm not sure.  and i don't really know the clues for these
time concepts.

but to show you that I probably don't understand the issue, i would like
to know how tense vs. aspect would affect the translation value of a
given phrase in BH.

irene