[B-Greek] Was there any word for ...

John Benson johncbenson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 00:18:08 EDT 2010

Please forgive me if this topic has already been worn out here, but I am
fairly new and working on a paper.

Was there any Greek word in the biblical world that could have been used
(whether it got into the bible or not) to name any male-male, adult-adult,
mutually consenting non-exploitive sexual activity? There seem to be a
plethora of words that do *not* quite have that meaning, because of
indicating adult-youth, or master-slave, or otherwise exploitive or coerced.

Replies by email rather than posted to the whole list would be just fine.
All I want is a little scholarly help.

Thanks for your kind attention.

John