[B-Greek] Mark1:11

frank boumphrey koinebible at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 00:54:49 EDT 2009

SU EI hO U'IOS MOU 'O AGAPHETOS,EN SOI EUDOKEHSA
 σὺ εἶ ὁ υἱός μου ὁ ἀγαπητός, ἐν σοὶ εὐδόκησα.
you are the son of me the beloved in whom I am well pleased.

Funy how you can read something several times and suddenly be aware of a
problem.
 My question is why should EUDOKEHSA (εὐδόκησα) be the aorist tense which to
me implies a one off or punctiliar action rather than an ongoing action. Is
this implying that you are now about to be tested, and I may not be so well
pleased after? That does not seem right to me, so obviously I am missing
something.
TIA
Frank
www.biblegreek.net