[B-Greek] etymology of a??a/agia

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Sat May 3 23:36:45 EDT 2008

I'm afraid there are 533 verses containing ἅγιος [hAGIOS] and 658 instances of the word in the LXX.  I therefore haven't checked each instance though I did check a number finding that the word is used fairly consistently to translate a form of קדש [QD$].

 george
gfsomsel

… search for truth, hear truth,
defend the truth till death.