[B-Greek] Which Proofing Tools Do You Recommend?

James Ernest j.d.ernest at bc.edu
Mon Sep 17 22:40:53 EDT 2007

Ha! I was going to start my list with the same two items George
mentions, plus a pair of spectacles. Scary. Well, onward:

3. LSJ
4. BDAG
5. Merriam-Webster's 11th ed.
6. Chicago Manual of Style 15th ed. (which includes rules for word
division for classical Greek, which you'll probably need if you're
aiming to produce right-justified camera-ready copy containing
significant amounts of Greek)

I guess SMO was hoping for an electronic spell-checker? I don't know
of one for Greek. And for English I've never seen an electronic
style-checking capability worth using.

James Ernest