[B-Greek] EX OIKOU KAI PATRIAS DAVID - Hendiasys?

Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Fri Jun 1 13:56:45 EDT 2007

Dear Jonathan,

I don't take it as Hendiadys. Considering that the kingship went through
Solomon, then Rehoboam, etc., one could be from the house of David, but not
be in the line of succession. Note also that in Luke 3:31-32 Jesus is shown
to be descending through David, son of Jesse, then through Nathan, son of
David, not Solomon. Matthew has the royal lineage, but was tainted due to
the curse of Jeconiah in Jeremiah 36:27-32. This Lukan passage is the around
the curse of Jeconiah and also to be identified with the human race from
Adam as the true Son of Man.

En Xristwi,

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III