[B-Greek] TO MH PALIN EN LUPHi PROS hUMAS ELQEIN (2 Cor. 2:1)

George F Somsel gfsomsel at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 15:51:05 EST 2007

I'm not so sure that this text presupposes that there was any previous "painful visit."  It prespposes that Paul had been there previously -- how many times is not stated, but it does seem to presuppose one of two things:  Either  (1) His previous visit had been painful OR (2) He was currently in distress and determined to not come in this condition (EN LUPHi could then be understood to indicate the time during which he would not come or the "baggage" he was then carrying with him).

george
gfsomsel
_________