[B-Greek] POS tag list?

Klaus Guenther klaus at capitalfocus.org
Wed Jul 20 13:09:49 EDT 2005

Dear list members,

While I can read most of the part-of-speech tags that are included in
many Greek texts available online (e.g., T-NSN, N-ASN, etc.), I cannot
quite determine which tagset is being used. Does someone know which
tagset it is? Is there a link to an exhaustive listing of tags?

As this is my first posting to the list, it might be a good idea to
introduce myself. I studied linguistics at the University of Freiburg
(functionalist school), and as a Christian lay theologian have
maintained a strong interest in Biblical Greek, though I myself haven't
had sufficient time to really delve into it and learn it thoroughly,
though I understand the grammar and can trace back to Indoeuropean roots
if necessary :) Of course, I learned Latin and had a go at Vedic. At any
rate, I've still got a lot to learn when it comes to Greek.

Regards and thanks in advance,

Klaus

Klaus Guenther, M.A.
University of Freiburg