[B-Greek] Beginning Greek texts

George F. Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Wed Aug 4 13:21:06 EDT 2004

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:33:36 -0400 "Bill Moore" <wgmoore at integrity.com>
writes:
> I have perused enough archived threads almost to despair asking this
> question, but here goes anyway.  What beginning Greek grammar and/or
> method
> of learning do you recommend for one seeking to re-learn his lost
> seminary
> Greek?  Or, does the particular grammar matter as much as one simply
> giving
> oneself wholeheartedly to the language?
>
> I have Mounce's revised edition and considered purchasing his full
> lectures
> ($89).  Any comments?  I need to be convinced of what direction to
> take.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Bill
>
> ---

I know that you're thinking of koine Greek, but you might consider going
back and studying classical Greek.  I used Crosby and Schaefer many years
ago.  I saw a reprint of it some months ago in Border's Books in a much
nicer typeface than it had when I used it.  I would highly recommend
beginning again with classical.

george
gfsomsel